– About TheFermentedFruit –
Hello and welcome to TheFermentedFruit.com! My name is Ryan and I started this blog not because I am a professional wine writer or critic, but because I love drinking wine and sharing in the experiences that wine has to offer.
A true Marylander at heart, I was born in Annapolis, Maryland and raised just outside in the small suburban town of Arnold. I love being on the water nearly as much as I love being on a vineyard!
While my formal education is in aviation and my day job has become more accounting-oriented, I deeply enjoy the intriguing complexities consistently presented by the fascinating world of wine. There is so much to learn and no two bottles are ever the same. I can’t imagine another subject that can be so mystifying and utterly rewarding at the same time. This is part of the reason I started this blog – I wanted to write about my love for wine and I have found it so enjoyable! So much so that I’ve been looking to write a book about wine! I have learned so much thanks to my blog that I want to write a book that puts all this information together. I know it’s a long process of working with the publisher, book designer, proofreader, etc. but I think it’ll be worth it!
Besides my deep passion for wine, I am also an avid cyclist with three beautiful little girls and an amazing partner. We currently reside in Washington, D.C. very near to where our daughters attend school.
I credit part of the inspiration for this blog to two of my closest friends. They basically started blogging while I was still doing this:
Despite my profound passion for wine, I hadn’t initially considered that blogging could be a possibility due to my lack of tech savvy. I’m far more adept with a wine key… It was only with their direction and advice that TheFermentedFruit was able to become a reality. Thank you Adam and Joanne.
While I think professional scores and write ups are great as a guideline, I am here to share my perspective as a consumer. Together, I hope to find great wines that represent great value, whether they’re priced at $10 or $100. I hope that you enjoy my site and visit often! And watch this space, because once I’ve figured out how to save instagram pictures to gain some inspiration, I’ll be launching different social media accounts!
Websites I’ve contributed to:
Each month TheFermentedFruit reaches thousands of unique, engaged visitors who are searching for wine recommendations and advice. You can see my Alexa ranking here.
- 10 Greatest | Top Wine Blogs
- Allrecipes | What Wines Pair Best With Chicken Parmesan? You Might Be Surprised.
- Bodegas Valdemar | A Rioja Day Salute to Bodegas Valdemar
- Champagne Delamotte | Best Champagne and Sparkling Wine Values
- Conn Valley Vineyards | 2011 Right Bank Write Up
- Frisson Wines | It’s a 92 for the 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon!
- Money Talks News | 10 Affordable, Bubbly Alternatives to Champagne for New Year’s Eve
- Ramey Wine Cellars | A Taste of Ramey Wine Cellars
- Smith Madrone Vineyards | 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon Write Up
- Social Vignerons | Top Instagram Influencers
- Social Vignerons | Wine Blogger Interview: Ryan O’Hara of The Fermented Fruit
- SWIG PR Interview | What do wine writers say when they walk away…?!
- USA Wine Ratings | Top 20 Wine Blogs to Follow in 2018
- Wine Turtle | The Best Wine Blogs That You Can’t Miss
- Wine Turtle | Types of Wine Grape Varieties
“The discovery of a good wine is increasingly better for mankind than the discovery of a new star.” – Leonardo da Vinci