– About TheFermentedFruit –
Hello and welcome to TheFermentedFruit.com! My name is Ryan and I started this blog not because I am a professional wine writer or critic, but because I love drinking wine and sharing in the experiences that wine has to offer.
A true Marylander at heart, I was born in Annapolis, Maryland and raised just outside in the small suburban town of Arnold. I love being on the water nearly as much as I love being on a vineyard!
While my formal education is in aviation and my day job has become more accounting-oriented, I deeply enjoy the intriguing complexities consistently presented by the fascinating world of wine. There is so much to learn and no two bottles are ever the same. I can’t imagine another subject that can be so mystifying and utterly rewarding at the same time.
Besides my deep passion for wine, I am also an avid cyclist with three beautiful little girls and an amazing partner. We currently reside in Washington, D.C. very near to where our daughters attend school.
I credit part of the inspiration for this blog to two of my closest friends. They basically started blogging while I was still doing this:
Despite my profound passion for wine, I hadn’t initially considered that blogging could be a possibility due to my lack of tech savvy. I’m far more adept with a wine key… It was only with their direction and advice that TheFermentedFruit was able to become a reality. Thank you Adam and Joanne.
While I think professional scores and write ups are great as a guideline, I am here to share my perspective as a consumer. Together, I hope to find great wines that represent great value, whether they’re priced at $10 or $100. I hope that you enjoy my site and visit often!
Websites I’ve contributed to:
Each month TheFermentedFruit reaches over 30,000 unique, engaged visitors who are searching for wine recommendations and advice. You can see my Alexa ranking here.
- Allrecipes | What Wines Pair Best With Chicken Parmesan? You Might Be Surprised.
- Bodegas Valdemar | A Rioja Day Salute to Bodegas Valdemar
- Champagne Delamotte | Best Champagne and Sparkling Wine Values
- Conn Valley Vineyards | 2011 Right Bank Write Up
- Frisson Wines | It’s a 92 for the 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon!
- Money Talks News | 10 Affordable, Bubbly Alternatives to Champagne for New Year’s Eve
- Ramey Wine Cellars | A Taste of Ramey Wine Cellars
- Smith Madrone Vineyards | 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon Write Up
- SWIG PR Interview | What do wine writers say when they walk away…?!
- Wine Turtle | The Best Wine Blogs That You Can’t Miss
- Wine Turtle | Types of Wine Grape Varieties
“The discovery of a good wine is increasingly better for mankind than the discovery of a new star.” – Leonardo da Vinci